Some of you might remember Jordan from back in the day when he was a National Champion 4X racer, now he looks after Halo Wheels as brand manager and his chosen bike is the Mettle V2!
- Frame- Identiti Mettle V2 Large Midnight Blue
- Fork- MRP Ribbon Air 170mm ran at 75psi positive, 82psi negative with rebound 20 clicks, ramp 10 clicks
- Rear shock- Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate ran at 200psi with rebound 5 clicks
- Handlebar- Renthal Fatbar Carbon 35 Stealth 40mm rise
- Stem- Gusset S2 40mm
- Grips- Gusset S2
- Brakes- SRAM Code RSC 200mm front and 180mm rear
- Crank- SRAM Descendant Carbon DUB 170mm
- Chain Device- MRP AMg
- Pedals- HT Components PA03A
- Gears- Sram XO1 Eagle
- Saddle- Gusset S2 Carbon
- Post- Rockshox Reverb x1 200mm
- Wheels- Halo Vortex built on to Halo MT Supa Drive
- Tyres- Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.35 front 24psi, Hans Dampf 2.35 rear 27psi
- Extras- Cushcore tyre inserts
This bike is my vision of the ‘do it all’ mountain bike. It’s my go to for uplift days, all day Enduro pedals and shreds around the local woods.
Every component on it complements the frame. I don’t run a single component that I don’t fully trust which allows me to fully commit to features that are on the edge of what I feel is possible.
The Mettle strikes the perfect balance of dependability and ride quality. I am yet to feel as though I can throw anything at this bike that it can’t take. Simply put, I’m the weakest component on board.
The best bit? The frame only needs a 5mm alley key for every bolt. A maintenance lazy man’s dream.