The AKA is the peak of what a hardcore hardtail is. A pedal up, pedal along, blitz down kind of affair with proven geometry. Take it to the flow trails at your local trail centre, go off-piste, or take it to your local BMX or Pump track – it’ll put a smile on your face.
You’d think making a hardtail was as simple as picking a few decent geometry numbers, throw it together and away you go… if only it was that easy. In fact, hardtails get steeper at sag, so we put a package together that ticks all the boxes with that in mind. A slack head angle, comfortable seat tube angle, and a low bottom bracket put you ‘in’ the bike and in the thick of it. The AKA is the culmination of years of design experience, tweaking, and adapting the design until we were happy.
This is a no holds barred build for the Identiti AKA, with a full XT groupset, 120mm MRP Raven fork, Halo Vortex wheels with a Supadrive rear hub and a Renthal bar and stem. This range-topping Identiti AKA is that dream build.
AKA frame features
- 6000 Series alloy tube set
- Geometry designed around sag
- 3 sizes; small, medium and large
- Available in various colour options
- 27.5 or 29” wheel compatible
- Max tyre size 2.6” (65mm measured on 28 internal rim)
- Triple bottle cage mount inside the front triangle for adjustable bottle placement or extra storage for longer adventures and 1 bottle cage mount under the downtube
- Custom-designed ADS sliding dropouts with built-in hidden tensioner enabling single-speed use and wheelbase adjustment
- 1x Only cable routing
- 12 x 148 boost dropouts
- Threaded bottom bracket with ISCG 05 tabs
- Stealth dropper post routing